Volunteer with the Canine Companions Southwest Region
Thank you for considering donating your time to Canine Companions. The Southwest Regional Center of Canine Companions is located in Oceanside, California.
|VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES | VOLUNTEER ORIENTATIONS | YOUTH VOLUNTEERS | PUPPY RAISING|
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: (hover to see description)
- Event support
- Facility and grounds maintenance
- General office support
- Outreach booths
- Photography and videography
- Puppy raising
- Puppy sitting and puppy fostering
- Team Training lunch providers
Everyone is required to attend an hour and a half General Volunteer Orientation. Those interested in puppy sitting/fostering are required to complete a separate application and attend the orientation that follows the General Volunteer Orientation for another hour and a half. Upcoming orientations are scheduled for:
- Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 5 p.m.
- Saturday, April 25, 2020 at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 5 p.m.
- Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 9 a.m.
If you are interested in attending the General Volunteer Orientation, please contact our volunteer coordinator for an application form. Upon receipt of the application form, you will be invited to attend an orientation.
We are very fortunate to receive many inquiries about youth volunteering and community service, and know many schools require students to complete a specific number of community service hours. We are grateful that you want your community service hours to benefit Canine Companions for Independence.
To fulfill this requirement we encourage you to work on an independent community service project such as:
- Organize a small fundraising event such as a bake sale, car wash, lemonade stand, etc. and donate the funds to Canine Companions.
- Create a DogFest team and raise funds for your local DogFest event. Click here for more information about DogFest events.
- Become an expert! Learn about Canine Companions and help spread the word to local schools, service organizations and other community groups.
- Be creative!
Please contact the volunteer coordinator to have your project approved prior to starting. Be sure to document the time you spend working on your project. When the project is completed, contact the volunteer coordinator to make an appointment and at that time you will receive a sign-off on your completed hours.