Volunteer with the Southeast Region
Canine Companions for Independence is ready for you to help us provide exceptional dogs for exceptional people. The following are just some examples of our volunteer opportunities.
|VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES | YOUTH VOLUNTEERS | PUPPY RAISING|
- Puppy raising
- Office assistance (Orlando only)
- Event support
- Team Training lunch providers (Orlando only)
We are very fortunate to receive many inquiries about youth volunteering and community service, and know many schools require students to complete a specific number of community service hours. We are grateful that you want your community service hours to benefit Canine Companions for Independence.
To fulfill this requirement we encourage you to work on an independent community service project such as:
- Organize a small fundraising event such as a bake sale, car wash, lemonade stand, etc. and donate the funds to Canine Companions.
- Create a DogFest Walk ‘n Roll team and raise funds for your local DogFest event. Visit cci.org/dogfest for more information.
- Become an expert! Learn about Canine Companions and help to spread the word to local schools, service organizations, and other community groups.
- Be creative!!
Please contact the volunteer coordinator to have your project approved prior to starting. Be sure to document the time you spend working on your project. When the project is completed, contact the volunteer coordinator to make an appointment and at that time you will receive a sign off on your completed hours.