Volunteer with the South Central Region
Volunteers are crucial to the success of Canine Companions. We rely on their enthusiastic participation in countless ways including fundraising, special events, campus tours, and administrative assistance.
- Volunteer puppy raising
- Puppy sitting
- Event committees
- Outreach Committees
- Event photography or videography
- Kinkeade Campus tour docent
- Provide Team Training lunches
- Team Training and Graduation support
- Join a Volunteer Chapter
- DogFest DFW planning committee
Volunteer orientation must be completed by all volunteers (puppy raiser/sitter/foster orientations are separate). Please stay tuned for updates regarding volunteer orientations.
If you would like to become a volunteer, please complete the volunteer application.
Please contact Laura Gray for details on how to attend the virtual orientations:
- November 4 – 12 – 12:45 p.m.
- December 15 – 6:30 – 7:15 p.m.
We are very fortunate to receive many inquiries from businesses, organizations and schools interested in community service. We are grateful that you want your community service hours to benefit Canine Companions for Independence.
To fulfill this requirement we encourage you to work on an independent community service project such as:
- Organize a small fundraising event such as a bake sale, car wash, lemonade stand, etc. and donate the funds to Canine Companions.
- Create a DogFest team and raise funds for your local DogFest event. Visit www.cci.org/dogfestdfw for more information.
- Become an expert! Learn about Canine Companions and help to spread the word to local schools, service organizations, and other community groups.
- Be creative!
Please contact the volunteer coordinator to have your project approved prior to starting. Be sure to document the time you spend working on your project. When the project is completed, contact the volunteer coordinator to make an appointment and at that time you will receive a sign off on your completed hours.