|October 7, 2011 | DogFest Featuring Snoopy® Events Happening Across the Country!|
IT’S THE GREAT PUMPKIN PARADE, CHARLIE BROWN®!
Join Canine Companions for Independence for the Annual DogFest Featuring Snoopy® and Friends
Man’s best friend takes stage at the Canine Companions for Independence annual DogFest events happening throughout the country, a walk-a-thon and canine festival to benefit Canine Companions! Enjoy pet friendly family activities including a costume contest, food, raffles, games and much more. Other featured events may include Snoopy’s® Canine Costume Parade (featuring Snoopy® himself!), Trick or Treat stops, a Canine Agility Course, working dog demonstrations and goodies for both humans and pooches from local vendors.
Board Member Jean Schulz shares details of the fun with a radio interview on 94x FM Long Island, NY.
Attend the event, join the Walk-a-thon and collect pledges! Set a goal for yourself and go online to collect pledges and help spread the word!
- New York: Sunday, Oct. 9th 2011 from 11am to 3pm - Rain or Shine; Farmingdale State College, Farmingdale, NY www.cci.org/dogfest2011
- Columbus: Sunday, Oct. 9th 2011 from 12pm to 4pm; Coffman Park Pavilion, Dublin, OH www.cci.org/centralohiodogfest
- Michigan: Sunday, Oct. 9, 2011 12pm - 4pm; Maybury Park, Northville, MI www.cci.org/MichiganDogFest
- Chicago: Saturday, Oct. 22, 2011 10am - 2pm; Naperville Park District at the main pavilion, Naperville, IL www.cci.org/ChicagoDogFest
- Cleveland: Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011 (time TBA); Volunteer Park on Lunn Road, Strongsville, OH www.cci.org/NEOhioDogFest
About Canine Companions for Independence:
Canine Companions for Independence is the largest non-profit provider of trained assistance dogs with five regional training centers across the country. Established in 1975, Canine Companions provides highly trained assistance dogs to children and adults with disabilities and is recognized worldwide for the excellence of its dogs, and quality and longevity of the matches it makes between dogs and people. There is no charge for the dog, its training and on-going follow-up services. For more information, visit cci.org or call 1-800-572-BARK.