Thank you for considering donating your time to Canine Companions. The Southwest Regional Center of Canine Companions is located in Oceanside, California.
|VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES | VOLUNTEER ORIENTATIONS | YOUTH VOLUNTEERS | PUPPY RAISING|
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: (hover to see description)
- Event support
- Facility and grounds maintenance
- Field trips
- General office support
- Outreach booths
- Photography & videography
- Puppy raising
- Puppy sitting and puppy fostering
- Team Training lunch providers
Everyone is required to attend a one-hour orientation which is held on a Saturday morning, except for those interested in puppy raising or puppy sitting/fostering which requires a separate application process. Upcoming orientations are scheduled for:
- Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 9am
- Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 9am
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 5pm
- Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 9am
- Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 5pm
- Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 9am
- Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 9am
We are very fortunate to receive many inquiries about youth volunteering and community service, and know many schools require students to complete a specific number of community service hours. We are grateful that you want your community service hours to benefit Canine Companions for Independence.
To fulfill this requirement we encourage you to work on an independent community service project such as:
- Organize a small fundraising event such as a bake sale, car wash, lemonade stand, etc. and donate the funds to Canine Companions.
- Create a DogFest Walk ‘n Roll team and raise funds for your local DogFest event. Visit cci.org/dogfest for more information.
- Become an expert! Learn about Canine Companions and help to spread the word to local schools, service organizations, and other community groups.
- Be creative!!
Please contact the volunteer coordinator to have your project approved prior to starting. Be sure to document the time you spend working on your project. When the project is completed, contact the volunteer coordinator to make an appointment and at that time you will receive a sign off on your completed hours.
To learn about becoming a volunteer puppy raiser or if you are a current puppy raiser please click here.