Volunteers are crucial to the success of Canine Companions. We rely on their enthusiastic participation in countless ways including fundraising, special events, campus tours, washing dogs and administrative assistance.
|VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES | VOLUNTEER ORIENTATIONS | YOUTH VOLUNTEERS|
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: (hover to see description)
- Puppy raising
- Puppy foster/sitter
- Event committees
- Outreach support
- Event photography & videography
- Tour docent
- Dog bathing
- Team Training lunch providers
- Graduation support
- DogFest DFW
- Volunteer Chapters
Volunteer orientation must be completed by all volunteers (puppy raiser/sitter/foster orientations are separate). Mark your calendars to attend one of the following volunteer orientations. If you would like to volunteer, please complete the volunteer application.
2018 orientation dates (12pm to 1pm):
We are very fortunate to receive many inquiries from businesses, organizations and schools interested in community service. We are grateful that you want your community service hours to benefit Canine Companions for Independence.
To fulfill this requirement we encourage you to work on an independent community service project such as:
- Organize a small fundraising event such as a bake sale, car wash, lemonade stand, etc. and donate the funds to Canine Companions.
- Create a DogFest Walk ‘n Roll team and raise funds for your local DogFest event. Visit cci.org/dogfest for more information.
- Become an expert! Learn about Canine Companions and help to spread the word to local schools, service organizations, and other community groups.
- Be creative!!
Please contact the volunteer coordinator to have your project approved prior to starting. Be sure to document the time you spend working on your project. When the project is completed, contact the volunteer coordinator to make an appointment and at that time you will receive a sign off on your completed hours.