Open Volunteer PositionsThe Lone Star Chapter is recruiting a couple of talented players to join their team. Specifically, we are in need of DogFest Committee Chairs to help with the planning of this year's event as well as a Videographer to put together engaging videos for presentations and demonstrations. Are you up for the challenge?
The Lone Star Chapter is recruiting a couple of talented players to join their team. Are you up for the challenge? Read on to see if you would make a good addition to our troupe.
The Lone Star Chapter is recruiting DogFest Committee Chairs for the 2018 calendar year. We are in need of volunteers who can get involved in a variety of ways in the planning of the event through participant recruitment, sponsorship, publicity, logistics, etc.
What is DogFest?
DogFest Walk 'n Roll is a family-friendly, dog-friendly walk and festival benefiting Canine Companions for Independence, so grab a leash and get ready to have a tail-waggin' good time! Celebrate the community of people and dogs that make it possible for Canine Companions to show that the most advanced technology capable of transforming the lives of people with disabilities has a cold nose and a warm heart. Bring your family, friends and pet dogs for a fun day while supporting a great cause!
Be Part of the Vision
DogFest Walk 'n Roll will engage communities across the country in an event that raises money to support the mission, recruits volunteers to help propel the mission, and educates the public about the organization’s life-changing work of providing highly-trained service dogs to people with disabilities. Fill out our interest form if you are wanting to serve as a committee member or chair. The responsibilities of each committee are laid out in detail below.
Sponsorship Committee Chair
Time Commitment: Estimated 5 hours per week for first few months; 2 hours per week in the month leading up to the eventResponsibilities:
- Organize a subcommittee consisting of two or more committee members to assist.
- Secure sponsorship dollars from local/national businesses to support the event and bring on some teams in the process.
Participant Recruitment Chair
Time Commitment: Estimated 2+ hours per week leading up to event; 1 hour per week in the month leading up to the eventResponsibilities:
- Work closely with the publicity chair, sponsorship chair and registration chair in soliciting and encouraging the creation of teams and the registration of individual fundraisers.
- Reach out to different sectors, including Canine Companions volunteers, sponsors and the local community, and encourage them to not only participate in DogFest, but to ask their friends, family and colleagues to register and join them on a team. Headquarters will send encouraging emails to Team Captains at various pre-determined times leading up to the event. Additional emails will be sent to all registrants, whether on a team or not.
Time Commitment: Estimated 2 hours per week; more as the event date gets closerResponsibilities:
- Work as a team alongside co-chair.
- Put together a subcommittee of two committee members to assist.
- Promote DogFest to the media and local communities to raise awareness of DogFest and encourage people to register, put teams together and start fundraising.
Time Commitment: Estimated 4 hours per month; 4 hours per week in the month leading up to the eventResponsibilities:
- Organize a subcommittee of four or more committee members to assist.
- Identify a venue, developing the layout/map of the event (the walk, the festival, check-in, etc.), parking, garbage cans, making sure there are restrooms available, a stage for the ceremony, water bowls along the walk, and poop bags for the dogs.
Volunteer Recruitment Chair
Time Commitment: Estimated 2 hours per week while committees form; 4 hours per month leading up to the event while securing day-of-event volunteers; 8 hours in the week prior to the eventResponsibilities:
- Recruit two to three committee members to assist.
- Identify fun, passionate volunteers to help make DogFest happen.
- Recruit talent to the committee and round up people to help on event day.
Are you a creative individual that likes to put together engaging videos for fun presentations and demonstrations? Canine Companions routinely has a need for the creation of videos or slideshows of our wonderful puppies, raisers and graduate teams to show at outreach and community events. If you would like to share your creative abilities in this way, please complete the contact form.