About the Chapter
Our chapter is located in Central Indiana and is active year-round doing the following activities:
- Raising public awareness for Canine Companions for Independence Recruiting new team members who want an assistance dog
- Recruiting puppy raisers for the first year of care of an assistance dog
- Providing financial support for Canine Companions for Independence through fundraising
- Giving demonstrations and presentations about the Canine Companions for Independence program
- Providing fun and support to all those that share the passion and mission of Canine Companions for Independence
We have been active for nearly two decades. There are no paid workers in our group and each member is valued for their dedication and talents. Members of our chapter are from all walks of life and all ages and include working teams, puppy raisers, and volunteers.
Come join the CHAMPIONS of Central Indiana if you want to volunteer your support, time and talents to the dream of training Exceptional Dogs for Exceptional People®.