Resources for Assistance Dog Teams
We hope that you find our website helpful and informative. If you have additional questions related to Canine Companions for Independence please feel free to call 1-800-572-BARK, or contact us. Below are some links to other websites you may find helpful.
- Assistance Dogs International, Inc. is a coalition of members representing organizations and individuals training and placing Assistance Dogs. The purpose of ADI is to improve the areas of training, placement, and utilization of Assistance Dogs. In 2002, Canine Companions for Independence became the first member agency to earn full accreditation for meeting or exceeding all ADI standards. We were also the first to be reaccredited in 2007.
- International Association of Assistance Dog Partners A non-profit cross-disability organization representing people partnered with guide, hearing, and service dogs.
- U.S. Department of Justice ADA and Americans with Disabilities Act information, resources, and updates U.S. government Web site contains vast array of resources for individuals with disabilities, including information about health, housing, education, transportation, recreation and employment. See Commonly Asked Questions about service dogs in places of business. ADA Info Line: 800-514-0301 (voice); 800-514-0383 (TTY)
Workplace Accommodation Information | Public Access with an Assistance Dog Info | Employment Equal Opportunity Commission
- Children with Disabilities offers information about advocacy, education, employment, health, housing, recreation, technical assistance, and transportation covering a broad array of developmental, physical, and emotional disabilities.
- Institute on Disability and Human Development is an online resource dedicated to promoting the independence, productivity and inclusion of people with disabilities into all aspects of society.
Please note: The links provided here are for your convenience only; no affiliation can be assumed through linking with a site. Canine Companions for Independence makes no warranty expressed or implied as to the content, safety, product, or quality of any and all linked pages.